In 2008, Dr. Li moved to Seattle to care for his parents and start the Seattle Pain Center. Upon Dr. John Loeser’s retirement from UW Medicine, Dr. Li stepped in to provide care for Dr. Loeser’s patients continuing the advancement his work in intrathecal pump and neuromodulation therapies for pain and spasticity.
Dr. Li enjoys teaching and is involved in the research and development of medical devices to improve pain care.
“Pain cannot be treated independent of the person.”
Dr. Li understands that good pain care goes beyond nerve blocks and medications. At Seattle Pain Center, Dr. Li offers and individualized approach to pain care, from conservative treatment to the most advanced, minimally invasive pain procedures. Emphasis is placed on maximizing functionality and reducing opioid reliance.
“I help patients make the best treatement choices by getting to know them, setting goals and empowering them with information.”
- Anesthesiology: American Board of Anesthesiology
- Fellowship, Pain Medicine: UCLA Medical Center
- Residency, Anesthesiology: University of California at Irvine
- Medical School: University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Residency, Internal M.: E Carolina University School of Medicine